Informacje o szkoleniu
14 PDUs (Technical 4, Leadership 4, Strategic 6)
The 2-days DevOps Foundation® certification is an introductory certification that provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology to ensure everyone is talking the same language and highlights the benefits of DevOps to support organizational success.
The course includes the latest thinking, principles and practices from the DevOps community including real-world case studies from high performing organizations including ING Bank, Ticketmaster, Capital One, Alaska Air, Target, Fannie Mae, Societe Generale, and Disney that engage and inspire learners, leveraging multimedia and interactive exercises that bring the learning experience to life, including the Three Ways as highlighted in the Phoenix Project by Gene Kim and the latest from the State of DevOps report.
Learners will gain an understanding of DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals.
The course is designed for a broad audience, enabling those on the business side to obtain an understanding of Kubernetes and Containers. Those on the technical side will obtain an understanding as to the business value of DevOps to reduce cost (15-25% overall IT cost reduction) with increased quality (50-70% reduction in change failure rate) and agility (up to 90% reduction in provision and deployment time) to support business objectives in support of digital transformation initiatives.
Successfully passing the DevOps Foundation certification exam is a prerequisite to the more advanced, skill-based certifications accredited by DevOps Institute.
The target audience for the DevOps Foundation course includes: Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals such as: Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management, Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles, IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment, Automation Architect, Application Developers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Change Agents, Consultants, DevOps Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Architect, Integration Specialists, IT Directors and Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Network Administrators, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Release Engineers, Software Developers, Software Tester/QA, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Tool Providers.
Czego się nauczysz
Zagadnienia poruszane podczas szkolenia
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results.
Module 1. Exploring DevOps:
- Defining DevOps
- Why Does DevOps Matter?
Module 2. Core DevOps Principles:
- The Three Ways
- The Theory of Constraints
- Chaos Engineering
- Learning Organizations
Module 3. Key DevOps Practices:
- Continuous Delivery
- Site Reliability & Resilience Engineering
Module 4. Business and Technology Frameworks:
- Safety Culture
- Learning Organizations
- Sociocracy/ Holacracy
- Continuous Funding
DevOps Foundation mock exam
Module 5. Culture, Behaviors & Operating Models:
- Defining Culture
- Behavioral Models
- Organizational maturity models
- Target Operating Models
Module 6. Automation & Architecting DevOps Toolchains:
- DevOps Toolchain
Module 7. Measurement, Metrics, and Reporting:
- The Importance of Metrics
- Technical Metrics
- Business Metrics
- Measuring & Reporting Metrics
Module 8. Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving:
- Collaborative Platforms
- Immersive, Experiential Learning
- DevOps Leadership
- Evolving Changes
Exam tips and tricks
DevOps Foundation certification exam
- Exam type: on-line proctored, multiple choice (1 correct answer out of 4)
- Exam duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26/40)
- Exam language: English
- Closed book.
Student pack includes:
Organization of training:
- Pre-course reading material
- DevOps Foundation Study Guide
- DevOps Foundation Syllabus
- DevOps Recommended Reading
- DevOps Glossary
- Exam Tips
- DevOps Foundation Sample Paper with Answer Key
Additional information regarding participation in the Virtual class:
- Type of training: Virtual class (Instructor-led live online class), On-site open group class, On-site closed group class
- Training language: English or Polish
- Material language: English
- Group size: 8 to 14 participants
- Prerequisites: None
- Accreditation granted to Asseco Data Systems by DevOps Institute.
DevOps Foundation® is a registered trademark of DevOps Institute, Inc.
- Each participant should register for the training session between 08:30-08:50
- The training is conducted between 09:00 am and 3:30 pm
- During the training day there will be several breaks, including one 1-hour lunch break and 10-minutes coffee breaks after each hour of training.
- Study guide and other training materials are distributed in a digital version.
- Exams are carried out in the form of vouchers.